(n) An expensive brand of alloy wheels. "Rollin' in my fo' on D's, hittin' the switches" Dr. Dre (Let me ride ).
D-Town, The D
(n) Detroit, with its own sound, D-Funk.
(n) Police term: "dead on arrival".
(n) Acronym for "death row". "For you's a fool D.R." -- Dr Dre (Still D-R-E )
(n) See marijuana. "Go on and hit the dank" -- Too Short.
1) (n) Sort of high-five type of handshake. "Gimme a dap, I'll give you one back" -- Ice T. (Ziplock )
2) (n) Dignity and Pride, old slang (think 70's here).
(n) Money. Most American dollarbills have a former president of the United States on them. "I'm out for dead presidents to represent me" -- NAS (The world is yours ).
(v) To take care of business.
1) (n) A unit of measure. "It was a crew four deep" -- D-Nice (??).
2) (n) A hip hop clothing manufacturer (X-Large).
3) (adj) Heavy in the hippy sense of the word.
1) (adj) Really good, the bomb. The word has been officially buried by BET. "But you still think our music is def, right?" -- De La Soul (Brain washed follower [??]).
2) (adj) the standard of excellence.
3) (adj) Some more info on def: comes from the expression "Death O.J." but I think first used on record in "Rapper's Delight". As Nelson George defines it:"In "Rapper's Delight" the term "Death OJ" is used. In current slang "death" means something good, while "OJ" is a reference to a big car: Erstwhile football star and all-around adman O.J. Simpson does Hertz commercials featuring Ford and Lincoln Mercury cars. If we add "death" to Ford and Lincoln Mercury cars (leaving out any disrespectful reference to Pintos), we come up with the "Rapper's Delight" character driving off in a Lincoln Continental." From _Buppies, B-Boys, Baps & Bohos: Notes on Post-Soul Black Culture_ by Nelson George.
1) (n) A great record.
2) (n) One of the first big labels for rap artists, founded by Rick Rubin, led by Russels Simmons.
(n) "Delf" was quoted for the first time by Parrish Smith when EPMD's last album was released in 1992. It was in a Source interview and it's about the same as "self" like going for delf (self). "Release yo delf" -- Da Method Man (Release yo delf ).
1) (n) A "deuce deuce" is a .22 caliber handgun. "About to get loose with the deuce deuce" -- Ice Cube (Gangsta fairytale II ).
2) (n) 20 ounce of liquor.
(n) an enemy, usually white people. "The devil made me do it" -- Paris (the devil made me do it) [??].
(n) penis. "Mister Big Dick, who do you think you are?" -- Schoolly D. (Mr. Big Dick).
1) (v) To understand; "can you dig it?"
2) (v) To like.
(v) To have sexual intercourse. "By 2 am. I was diggin' her out" -- Ice Cube (Ghetto bird ).
(n) Pistol. "Made a move for my Dillon; and all I remember the Gangsta Lean was killin'" -- ?? (??? [??]).
1) (n) Ten dolar bag of marijuana. Due to price variations the price may actually be higher for the same bag.
2) (n) "To drop a dime", to fink. The term has probably descended from the time when phone calls were 10 cents, and is related to the notion of moving gossip quickly, as one would drop a dime into the phone to make a call.
3) (n) Ten as in a rating on a woman's beauty. "Slaying dime honeys".
1) (v) Dipping is what a car with a hydraulic suspension does. "Set trippin', fo' dippin'" -- Ice Cube (Friday ).
2) (v) To pay more attention to other people's business than to one's own.
3) (v) To leave, "Yo, let's dip to the mall".
4) (adj) Dressed in the latest fashion, "looking fresh dipped".
(v) Insult or thwart in a social manner, short for disrespect. "Challenge BDP, you'll get dissed, expect it" -- Boogie Down Productions (Part time sucker ).
(n) Disc Jockey, means MC in Jamaica. "My DJ Derek B is best" -- Derek B. (Get down [??]).
(n) See down low.
1) (n) Hairdo.
2) (v) Having sex.
3) (v) Killing someone.
1) (v) To tear something up like a dog would do.
2) (v) To insult someone in front of his friends.
3) (v) To have sex the doggy way. "You don't love me, you just love my doggy style" -- Snoop Doggy Dog (What's My Name [??]).
4) (n) a form of addressing: "Whatup dog?", not meant to be offensive
5) (n) a friend, "That's my Dog". Road ~: West Coast gangsta for friend.
doing a buck 50
(v) To speed or get out of a bad situation. Derived from a "buck", or dollar. A buck fifty would then be 1.50, referring to doing 150 miles per hour.
(n) Like delf/self, dolo/solo. I go for dolo -- ??? (?? [??]).
(n) A person's big head, skull, gun against your head.
1) (n) Narcotics.
2) (adj) Great, addictive.
(n) Seller of narcotics. "If you see somebody getting pussy for crack, he's the dopeman, dopeman" -- N.W.A. (Tha Dopeman )
(n) The street East 99th and St. Clair in Cleveland. Home of the group Bone Thugs'n Harmony.
double deuce juice
1) (n) 22 oz of cold 45 ml beer.
2) (n) Colt 45 (the Billy D. juice).
(n) Money. "Don't you know when the dough get low, the juice go" -- Mobb Deep (Survival of the fittest [??]).
(n) Covert, secret, "hush hush", derived from low profile".
(adv) To be down with: to be sympathetic to something, or to be friends with someone.
(n) Dogg pound gangsta.
(n) Pants, underpants.
(adj) Sometimes pronounced "drawlin'", Philly slang meaning that one is acting in such a way as to draw attention to oneself in public, usually in an embarrassing manner.
(n) A gang form of execution; armed with guns they drive by their victims, take a shot at them, and drive off. "With your drive-by's it took time to getcha, but now I'm gonna wetcha" -- Ice Cube (I'm gonna wetcha )
(n) Convertible car. "Long as everybody get crunk in the drop" -- Lil Bow Wow (Bounce with me ).
drop science, drop knowledge
(v) To demonstrate wisdom or skill. "I'm droppin' science" -- 7a3 (Coolin' in Cali) 
Dropping a Dime
(n) Dick sucking lips; oral sex.
(n) Car wheel rims. "can I get a WOOP WOOP to these niggaz from all my bitches who don't got love for niggaz without doves" -- Jay Z (Can I get a...[????])
(n) Money, from "ducats": coins. He's gettin' juiced for his duckets" -- N.W.A. (I ain't the one ).
(n) Fat gold chain.
(v) To act stupid, from the english "dumb". "Ya dummin'" -- Funkdoobiest (You're dummin').
1) (n) Used like the word son. "What up, dun?" -- Nas (Represent ).
2) (adj) Very dark, used in a negative setting as in dark and ugly. "They always let the motherfucking dun nigger hold the cash." -- Lil Kim (Queen Bitch [????]).
(v) To use PCP, a strong hallucinogen that reportedly makes one almost inhumanly strong, also known as "Angel Dust". "Like the Hudson on PCP, when I'm dustin'" -- Wu-Tang Clan (Proteck ya neck ).
(n) Dutch Master is a brand of cigars. When rolling a serious blunt, the tobacco is removed from a cigar and replaced with marijuana. "Slit a nigga back like a Dutchmasta killa" -- Wu-Tang Clan (???).
(n) Lesbian. "Dumb ass hooker ain't nuttin' but a dyke" -- N.W.A. (Gangsta Gangsta [1
Back To Dictionary