1) (n) A persons graffiti nickname.
2) (v) The act of writing graffiti on an object (tagging up).
(n) A brand of distilled English Gin, used to make cocktail drinks. It was recently popularized by several rap and also by a very creative advertising campaign in the US, featuring and elderly white man named Mr. Jenkins: "Mr. Jenkins doesn't understand all the Hip-hop lyrics at his friend's record release party, but he understands gin and juice very clearly." is the line that was used. "My homey Dr. Dre came through with a gang of Tanqueray" -- Snoop Doggy Dogg (Gin and Juice [??]).
(n) A fly honey.
1) (v) To rob. "Stick up kids are out to tax" -- Gangstarr (Just to get a rep [??]).
2) (v) To take away something after you kick a sucka's ass."and Ima tax that ass like the government" -- BDK (Pimpin ain't easy).
3) (v) To dig into or estimate, I'm gonna tax that ass.
(n) A 9mm semiautomatic or fully automatic gun made by Infratec. "Every kid's got a Tec 9 or a handgrenade" -- Ice-T (??? [??]).
(n) See marijuana.
(n) Thing; "your own thang": your own way.
The (island of) Shao-Lin
(n) Staten Island, a New York borough. Home of the Wu-Tang clan
The Boogie Bang / The Boogie Down
(n) See Bronx. King Sun mentions it in one of his EPs.
The Boogie Down
(n) The Bronx.
(n) See Queensbridge.
(n) Pittsburgh, PA.
The Get Low
(n) San Francisco. JT the Bigga Figga's group is call GLP: Get Low Players.
(n) Tommy gun.
(n) Ride upon three wheels with a low rider car. You can see it in videos for "Ain't nuthin but a G thang" and Today was a good day" . One of the back corners of the car is really close to the ground and the opposite corner is picked up off the road.
(n) Drunk or high to the point of almost being unconscious.
1) (n) A non-complex piece of graffiti usually involving only two colors.
2) (n) To tag your graffiti on something ("Watch my back as I throw up this tag").
(n) Someone who does not have anything but himself. "Livin' life thug style" -- Tupac (To live and die in L.A. [????]).
(v) To engage in a fistfight. "Remember they used to thump, but now they blast, right?" -- Dr. Dre (Lil' ghetto boy [??]).
(n) See marijuana. "Smoke a bag of tical" -- Method Man (???).
1) (adj) A state of mind, feeling really good at the moment. Straight, legitimate, all-good.
2) (adj) Cool, dope, fresh.
(n) Clothing of the brand "Timberland", a popular hip-hop choice. "Are you feeling my Timbs, my baggy jeans, my thug appeal" -- Blaque feat. N-Sync (Bring it all to me [199?])
1) (n) Penis (Get off my tip).
2) (n) Q-Tip from a Tribe Called Quest
3) (n) The end, the fullest. "To the tip!" -- Schoolly D. (Mr. Big Dick).
(n) Tipper, the wife of vice-president Al Gore, has become a synonym for narrowmindedness. She had to do with the committee that decides which CD's get the "Parental advisory" stickers. "You gotta be high to believe that you can change the world with a sticker on a record sleeve" -- Ice-T (Freedom of speech / Just watch what you say ).
to get your swerve on
(v) A compliment of skill. If you are about to get your swerve on then you are confidently preparing to enter the conflict. If you got your swerve on it means you accomplished something skillfully.
(n) Gang pride/love (Polynesian/Maori).
(n) The character of Tony Montana in the film "Scarface"(1983). "1995 Tony Montana" -- Ice Cube (Summer Vacation [??]).
1) (n) A poor or beginner graffiti artist.
2) (v) To purposefully write over another graffiti artists work (toy someone out).
3) (n) A sucker.
4) (n) Short for Trouble On Your System.
Tragniew Park Crips
(n) Compton crip set, associated with MC Eiht. "Tragniew Park you say..." -- DJ Quik (Dollaz & Sense ).
(v) to sell drugs.
(n) See 38.
(n) Home of the old schoolrappers, PRT.
(n) Short for trick bitch. Derives from the turning tricks action of oral sex/doggy style of a prostitute. Can be used to acknowledge any sort of woman. More than often used as "slut", but a replacement for "bitch" will work too.
(adj) Rough, street-wise person; "Trill ass nigga" -- Underground Kingz (The Southern way , also on Too hard to swallow ).
(n) Balanced scales for weighing with three grades of weights, originally used to measure gold, it is more commonly used to measure drugs. "You learned about your triple beam from me" -- Ice Cube (Dr. Frankenstein )
1) (v) Literally making a misstep, figuratively doing something wrong.
2) (v) Responding to the effects of narcotics.
3) (v) Freak for any reason. "Don't start tripping, or we'll go toe to toe" -- ??
(n) big gold jewelry.
(interj) See word is bond.
(n) To have lots of money, like billionaire Donald Trump. 2) (n) In certain card games the highest ranking suit is called trump (e.g. spades). When a person has nothing but trump cards in his hand it is referred to as being 'trump tight'. "cause Snoop dog is trump tight like the virgin-surgeon" -- Snoop Dogg (Tha Shiznit [??])
(n) Tree Top Piru, a notorious Compton Blood set, associated with DJ Quik (addressed to MC Eiht) "Westside Trees sprayin' all tha fleas" -- DJ Quik (Dollaz+Sense ).
(n) A joint laced with crack, east coast term. The west coast equivalent is "primo". See also marijuana.
turn (it) out
1) (v) To make records.
2) (v) To have sexual intercourse with.
(n) One gram of marijuana, which costs $20. See marijuana. From Nas (NY state of mind).
[to be] high
(v) To be intoxicated by a drug of somekind. Reported other terms for it are: blazed, blunted, bombed, charged, juiced, skunked, stressed, toked. "I want to get high, so high" -- Cypress Hill (I want to get high ).
Back To Dictionary